Carpet Care ?
Don’t Replace. Repair (Carpet Repair 101)
Carpet Repairs can make a difference in your home and wallet
Carpet is wonderful. Today’s modern carpet adds warmth and comfort to any interior. It adds beauty and style, reduces noise, and can even softens slips and falls. A well maintained carpet can last years and look beautiful. There my be more to carpet care than some vacuuming though. If you have having some issues, don’t despair, often what you need are carpet repairs.
Most people know that regular vacuuming and an annual steam cleaning are ways to keep your carpet looking good. However sometimes that is not enough.
Over time your carpet can become loose and wrinkled. This is not only unsightly, but can be dangerous by creating a trip hazard in your home. Tighten up your flooring by getting it stretched. Professional carpet technicians can actually stretch, trim, and reattach your carpet so that it is as tight and firm as the day it was installed.
Carpet Professionals are ace at handling stains. Pre-treating, enzymatic cleaners, and a multiple array of chemicals are available to remove anything from Kool-aid to Pet Stains from your cherished floor coverings. Difficult stains can be handled with full decontamination.
If you have had pet stain issues, you may be able to save your carpet with a full pet decontamination. The key to removing stubborn odors is getting underneath. Sealing the subfloor, replacing the carpet padding, and then following up with a steam clean and enzyme treatment might enable you to save that carpet and breath easy again.
Sometimes though stains are not removable. Spills of Bleach or burns cannot come out with a chemical treatment. It may seem that an entire room full of carpet might need to be replaced because of one small area.This need not be the case. Sometimes a bonded insert can repair the blemish and save a lot of time and money.
- First you must have a piece of carpet from an innocuous area, such as a closet or utility room, that is identical to the damaged carpet, and can be cutout and used to repair the damaged area.
- Then a skilled carpet repair technician will go to the damaged area, separate the fibers, and cut out the piece of damaged carpet.
- An identical piece will be fashioned from our remnant.
- Using a high tech heat bonding process the carpet technician will replace the damaged piece.
- Finally the the donor carpet with a similar remnant.
- This method produces and imperceptible repair that allows you to keep your current carpet for many more years to come.
In conclusion, there are a lot of options someone can use to keep their carpets looking and smelling fresh and clean. Before even considering replacing your carpet, consider having Peerless do a thorough cleaning and some repairs. It may just save money and the life of your carpet.